Friday, October 29, 2010

Free Sean Cody Preview

October 2010, Microsoft Internet Explorer, Google Chrome Vs

last week of October 2010, Monday 25th to Friday the 29th, I held a digital literacy course, funded by the Province of Rome and organized by Sediin Srl.
Every morning from nine o'clock, for five consecutive days, me and the students have studied and experienced " Internet and e-mail," one of the modules of the cycle of illiteracy.
During the course we have had different experiences as well as some experiments. Among the latter, we compared two browser (ie applications that are used to surf the Internet):
  • Microsoft Internet Explorer
  • Google Chrome.
other day and we used a different browser.
order to obtain the evaluations of the participants, I used Google Docs on the Internet and created a shared page of text, giving all students the opportunity to read and edit the page itself. In a
table, next to its name, the students have written their own assessment on the two browsers, which I reproduce below.

Comparison Microsoft Internet Explorer and Google Chrome

name and last initial Review of Internet Explorer and Google Chrome
Sandro D. Despite having found that Google is more comfortable , in some ways, Microsoft Explorer, I remain more difficult to navigate anyway, why not find the taskbar and the toolbar
Antonella C. I heard about Google Chrome here the course. In fact on my barattoletto home is not installed. I am unable to judge , or to make a comparison. At home directly from within Internet Explorer.
Gianfranco B. usually use Google Chrome instead of other engines simply out of habit , for no reason in preference to Internet Explorer.
Mariuxi L. Before I knew Internet Explorer, Google Chrome, now that I know, I saw that faster.
Tito P. Google Chrome seems faster Microsoft Internet Explorer.
Alessandra T. did not know the first few days of Google Chrome, certainly was not the only thing that I discovered .
Marco B. working on Google Chrome I found that it is faster Internet Explorer
Jan H. Google Chrome is nice, interesting, very comfortable and strong .
Anna S. I always used Internet Explorer for research but in fact Google Chrome is faster and I am definitely better . In fact, I installed it on my computer.

The confusion between the browser (Navigator) and search engine

On the basis of their experience, about half of the participants considered Google Chrome faster Microsoft Internet Explorer.
The figure, however, that strikes me most is that many students, even the most prepared, confuse the browser with search engine .
I do not know what it is this confusion or that has implications. But it is.
I tried several times to explain the difference to students, but I've seen always puzzled faces. I showed that opened the Internet Explorer home page of the Google search engine. Then I showed Google Chrome that always opened the home page of the Google search engine. The faces were left puzzled.
Al prossinmo course I will try to show that opens Google Chrome Home Page Bing, search engine created by Microsoft.
***

0 comments:

Post a Comment