Saturday, October 23, 2010

Bren Everett And Brent Corrigan Freed Dowloands

October 2010, Teaching Word Base with the support of Google Docs

And 'Saturday, October 23. Yesterday ended on a weekly course on Microsoft Word basic level. Eight students participated, and I (Paul Miggiano) have been their "Doc" (teacher) or "Prof" (teacher).
digital literacy courses are , funded by the Province of Rome and organized by Sediin Srl.

Word Base

We have almost completed the program, doing tests and exercises on Word 2003. Here are the topics we addressed: How
  • open and close Word
  • Why and when to use Normal View Print Layout View and
  • How set the page, its orientation and its margins
  • How move easily in the document
  • How type the text and edit it
  • How accurately select characters, words, sentences and paragraphs
  • How to copy and paste parts of the document
  • How open a document and save it as
  • Why and how to use bullets and numbering
  • Why and how to format characters and paragraphs
  • How find and replace words
  • How to use the automatic spell checker
  • Using the thesaurus and against (Thesaurus)
  • How to create and modify tables

Google Applications for the course

To communicate with the students I used GMail and especially Google Documents .
I used Google Docs to try to What does students work in groups and clouds .
Working in groups means today to participate at the same time as writing the same document, which is on the server. Working on the clouds
means using a browser to run programs and edit documents that are up there on the server in the clouds. In English we call
cloud computing, that is use computers in the clouds.

Google Docs to make a budget

At the end of the course students have put crosses on satisfaction questionnaires prepared by Sediin. Questionnaires are anonymous to encourage the maximum freedom of expression to students.
Some students, however, had expressed the desire to express their views on the course in a more explicit and accountable : publicly, his own name and with a few sentences.
So I brought the class to create, Google Docs, a table where, in the cell next to their names, every farmer could write his opinion. In the next section
carry excerpts of comments written by students.
The experiment has produced an unexpected result. Since all the students write concurrently to the same document, they could also read what I wrote their colleagues and respond immediately.
In this way there was some diversity of opinion and personal tensions in the class.
The tensions present in every course, have not altered the positive nature. In the report the opinions of students, I chose to overrule the share of controversy.

Excerpts from assessments of pupils

Valeria L.

What can I say .... With this course I knew the computer! I am very pleased and surprised!
But I must say the truth: at the beginning of the course when I saw that folks were not all the same my age I thought it would slow down the learning .... and instead "PEARLS OF WISDOM" gave me many smiles :-), and above all confirmed that "This 'IS NOT REALLY ...' NEVER TOO LATE!"
Thank you all!

Vita Rosa D.

Sorry! In this course there was no integration among the "students" (each focusing on their needs, without considering the problem of the ...). Doc
thank you for your patience ... What an effort!
THANKS JOSEPH, have made us a gift: Each is a hidden treasure!
(Joseph Fr. wrote an Ode to the computer and the short story The dark forest , ed.)

Maria R.

I am very satisfied with the outcome of the course. I do not take more punches.
THANKS to prof. Province and organizing these courses.

Joseph Venturo

The first contact "physical" with the computer I had at this center (the center is home to the Sediin ed)
So thanks to the Province, but also to the Centre Miggiano to Paul, our teacher, I learned to type, write and enter the world of Word.

Sandra C.

I have still a long way.

Joseph There. (Peppe)

Sandra, slowly becoming an IT professional then I will come and take lessons from you!
I agree with you that the professor has a lot of patience ;-).

Maria Flora S.

I learned a lot through this course, and then I found myself very well with their classmates! Thank you all :-).
***

0 comments:

Post a Comment